Sunday, November 8, 2009

School + GOD = A GOOD thing!

*If you are a non Christian...please do not take offence..this is just my personal opinion and my core values (not to mention MY blog). I never look down or judge anyone for their own beliefs and choices.

Often people ask me why me and my husband pay so much money to send our kids to a private Christian school. The first thing that I always say is this, "I believe that our children are gifts of the Lord. We are responsible to train them according to His Word not only at home and in church, but in school as well." Christian school educators teach all subject matter from a Christian context. They put the Bible at the center of the curriculum and ask students to evaluate all they see in the world through the eyes of God. I think it is SO important for me and my family to view everything we do through the eyes of god and through his LOVE for us. I am no perfect being (far from perfect..totally wicked far actually ) and I don't always see life through God's eyes..but God's strength is MY core, and even when i stray off the path..I can be rest assured that God will pull me back and back in the right direction. I can go on and on about the small class sizes, extra attention, and the fact that Christian schools offer a better level of instruction. There is no question about it. The test scores over a long period of years are conclusive. The annual Stanford Achievement Test administered to first through eighth grade Christian school students in the western states shows these students to be seven to nineteen months ahead of the national norm in reading, and seven to thirteen months ahead of the national norm in all subject areas. BUT....All that for me is simply icing on the cupcake. GOD'S word is why I choose to send them to their school. Below are some pictures inside Anna's classroom.

Anna says to me, "Mommy look me and God share the same Birthday month!" *SIGH* seriously, it does not get any sweeter than that!!


This is my most favorite poster hanging in the classroom!
amen!


I hope everyone has a blessed day! Love to you all!





14 comments:

Kristy said...

That is precious! We always have a Happy Birthday Jesus party with our girls. =) They love it!!

jennykate77 said...

I couldn't agree more, Mel! The worst thing public scools ever did was take God out of the classroom. It is proven that all discipline and education have been at a serious deline since. When will everyone wake up and see that He is what we need at the center of everything in our lives? I love the pics from Anna's school! So cute that she acknowledges that her and Jesus share the same birthday month! Love that! Love YOU!♥

Saylorsmom said...

My kids recently started a private Christian school. They love it and so do I. They learn so much about the bible and my oldest even preached his first sermon this year on the night the young men do the service. Only bad thing is our town is small and we have less than 200 students and never any money and we never know if the school will make it to the next year.

Cristina said...

We, too, have our daughter in Christian school because we believe it is critical for her grow up with a Christian worldview as the foundation of everything she learns. We are equipping her to go into the world as a young adult and be able to make right choices based on the Word of God. Thanks for this post!

Peekaboodave said...

Amen to that!

Oreeille said...

Fantastic blog! I think you´re the best, what it comes to writing about Jesus in our everyday life! :) I think, that you´re an inspiration :)

job said...

d情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,做愛

SKartistry said...

How wonderful for your daughter! Amen. I'm so glad it's Jesus's birthday month!

SKartistry said...

How wonderful for your daughter that she recognizes Jesus's birthday! amen for her!

GPS cell phone said...

Fantastic blog! I think you´re the best, what it comes to writing about Jesus in our everyday life! :) I think, that you´re an inspiration :)!
2010 wedding dress

GPS cell phone said...

Amen to that!cheap tv cell phone

Jennifer Breeland said...

dont know you at all, but I agree 100%!!!

艹妮妮 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
艹妮妮 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.