Thursday, May 9, 2013

Living Simple.......

Have you ever heard of the term "Minimalist"? It was new to me up until about a year ago. I am now a Minimalist fanatic! Here is my own personal definition of the word, "Someone who is NOT defined by their STUFF. Someone who strives to have a clutter free home and mind".  I could sit here for hours and write about being a minimalist, and it's benefits for you..but I am instead going to just give you bits and pieces (along with photos) in several different posts.

We will call this post,"Being a minimalist introduction".

Since i was a kid I have always been pretty tidy and organized. I can even remember removing things from the kitchen counter top and shoving them in my mom's kitchen cupboards as a kid because I disliked clutter. What kinda weirdo kid does that?? :)  So, I will confess that as an adult, I am an admitted  organized clean freak!   If you are still engaged into this post...I am going to assume that you are also giddy over the mere thought storage bins, labels, and the delightful smell of bleach?? (I may be going to far here...i hope i did not scare you away!) Lets dive in then shall we? What does it mean to be a Minimalist:

#1 You need to see your STUFF for what it is. I tend to put things in 3 different categories. Stuff that makes my heart smile, useful stuff and lastly emotional stuff. Let's start with useful stuff. These are the things that you NEED. Clothes, shoes, dishes, food, toiletries, COFFEE, blankets, wine....you get the gist. Here is where we get confused though. We DO NOT need 16 pairs of shoes *insert a nudge to my sister* :) We do Not need 3 different types of dishes, or 7 brushes, or 13 purses (I do not own one purse :o) Chances are, if you have more than you NEED...you are using your stuff to define who you are. Or maybe you need lots of stuff to make yourself feel whole? I am here to let you in on a secret! The LESS stuff you have the HAPPIER you will be! It's true! So, get rid of duplicates. Keep only ONE of everything that you need. It will be easier to let the STUFF that makes you smile shine through. Which leads us to our next category. Things that make your heart smile. For me, this is a picture of me and my husband from our wedding day, a few framed family pictures that my kids have painted, some candles, a cross on the wall, photo of my parents, couple of pine cones from a date day with my husband that i collected, and last but certainly not least a vase of flowers (even a cup of dandelions from my daughters will do) I do not have an overabundance whatsoever of these things. Only a select few..because less is MORE. Category three, emotional stuff. I know that for a lot of you that this is a toughie! Personally, I have never been one to put to much emotion on things. However....Up in my daughters closet, their are roughly 14ish blankets (folded nicely) on the shelf. Do they NEED 14 blankets?? Umm...NO! For whatever reason, I am emotionally attached to them. I look at each one and it reminds me of when they were babies, I love every single one and I am emotionally attached to them. I gave away about 4 of them the other day...baby steps! There are several options to help with purging out emotional items. For example, My husband had a sheer genius idea the other day in regards to the baby blankets. He suggested that I take a chunk of each blanket and have it made into a giant quilt!! That hubby of mine, he made me proud with that idea! If you had collected a huge amount of sea shells from your honeymoon, and you could not imagine giving them away..then don't give them all away. Pick 3 of your favorites and let go of the rest. You get the idea. Just come to the realization that getting rid of the stuff will not get rid of the memories. The LESS you have to more you will really enjoy and appreciate what you do have.

I am going to wrap this post up (as i literally have kids climbing up my legs) I am going to conclude this post with a couple of photos from my own home. Hopefully, these will give you a visual of what it means to me to be a minimalist.
                                      

                                      

                                                                          My bedroom
                          
 
                                                                           My kitchen
                                                    Our family room (Baby toys taking over...grrrrrrrrr)


I will be back soon, hopefully tomorrow (baby permitting) with part two of becoming a minimalist!!


Pin It

18 comments:

Adventure(man vs wild) said...

Awesome!!! It's helpful and enjoyable post.But i request you to write on your blog daily.Best of Luck.

Miễn phí said...

chơi game võ lâm truyền kỳ trên máy tính và bạn còn có thể tai game hay về điện thoại của mình như game tap kich hay là game cf mobile

facebook hacking said...

thank you for sharing hack facebook

hanoistreetfood said...

Hi!! Nice Blogs
Hanoi Street Food

Địa chỉ thuê xe máy tại Hà Nội

Thủ tục thuê xe máy tại Hà Nội

Anonymous said...


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر

شركة عزل اسطح بالخبر



شركة كشف تسربات المياه براس تنورة


شركة عزل اسطح براس تنورة



شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل


شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقصيم

شركة عزل اسطح بالقصيم

Unknown said...

property for sale
property for sale in islamabad
property for sale in rawalpindi
apartments for sale in islamabad
apartments for sale in rawalpindi
hussain co

Unknown said...


Please keep updating this blog, it's been too long. Great post! We adore this blog and This information is very good.
สโบเบ็ต

Lsm99

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your posting. It's useful information. I would like to invite you come to Hanoi to enjoy our tour such as : Sapa Trekking Tour

Halong Bay 1 Day Tour

Mekong Delta 1 Day Tour

Tam Coc Mua Cave Tour
with our office Best Travel Agent in Hanoi

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your posting. It's useful information. I would like to invite you come to Hanoi to enjoy our tour such as : thuê xe máy Hà Nội

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your posting. It's useful information. I would like to invite you come to Hanoi to enjoy our tour such as : things to do in ninh binh

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your posting. It's useful information. I would like to invite you read more Review Ninh Binh 1 Day Tour

halong Bay overnight cruise said...

Read more details of all activities you can do when take part in a Halong bay overnight cruise tour about at: Best things to do in Halong Bay
>>>>Read more: How to get to Halong Bay from Hanoi

Cozy Vietnam Travel said...

thank you for sharing with us
https://cozyvietnamtravel.com/
https://cozybaycruise.com/

Cozy bay Cruise, Cozy Vientam Travel said...

thank you so much

kemika7384 said...

แนวทางเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ Pussy888 ให้ได้กำไรอย่างสม่ำเสมอ
สำหรับบรรดาผู้ที่ถูกใจการเดิมพันหรือการเสี่ยงทายบอลโลกอินเตอร์เน็ตทั้งหลายแหล่ไม่ว่าจะเป็น พนันออนไลน์พนันบอลออนไลน์คาสิโนออนไลน์รวมถึงสล็อตออนไลน์นั้น แน่ๆว่าวัตถุประสงค์ของการเข้ามาเล่น Pussy888 ก็คือการ ทำเงินหรือการผลิตผลกำไรจากการเล่นพนันแต่ละครั้งนั่นเอง แต่ว่าในวันนี้นั้นพวกเราจะมาจุดโฟกัสถึงวิธีการทำผลกำไรจากการเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ ว่า พวกเราจะเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์อย่างไรให้ได้กำไรและไม่เสียในแต่ละครั้ง อ่านมาถึงนี้แล้วคนไม่ใช่น้อยบางทีอาจจะบอกขึ้นมาว่า เฮ้ยมันไม่มีทางเป็นไปได้หรอกที่พวกเราจะเล่นพนันแล้วจะมี กำไลหรือได้เงินทุกหนทุกรอบที่พวกเราเล่น แม้กระนั้นพวกเราบอกเลยว่า การเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ให้ได้กำไรทุกคราวทุกรอบนั้นมันเป็นได้อย่างไม่ต้องสงสัย ซึ่งก็มีส่วนประกอบแล้วก็เหตุหลายสิ่งหลายอย่าง พวกเรามาดูกันเลยว่า การเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ Pussy888 ให้ได้กำไรนั้นมีแนวทางสำคัญอย่างไรบ้าง ที่ผู้เล่นควร ทำความเข้าใจเอาไว้ก่อน

• จะเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ Pussy888 ไม่จำเป็นต้องใช้ทุนสำหรับในการเล่นจำนวนหลายชิ้นแค่เพียงมีทุนเริ่มหลักร้อยหรือหลักพันก็สามารถเข้ามาร่วมสนุกสนานเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ โดยห่างไปทำอันอื่นบางทีอาจจะจะต้องมีเงินเริ่มหรือมีเงินทุนมากมายก่อนตัวอย่างเช่นขายสินค้าควรมีทุนพอเพียงกับการซื้อของในวันแล้ววันเล่า
• ได้เงินอย่างเร็ว การเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นถ้าหากอยากได้เงิน 200 หรือ 300 บาทในวันแล้ววันเล่าสามารถหาได้ในไม่กี่นาทีแค่นั้นรวดเร็วทันใจกว่าการหารายได้ออนไลน์วิถีทางอื่นๆเป็นต้นว่า ถ้าเกิดพวกเราไปดำเนินงานเสริมหรืองาน Part Time กว่าจะได้เงินพอเพียงค่าจ้างขั้นต่ำในทุกวันนั้นก็บางทีอาจจะจะต้องดำเนินงานถึง 8 ชั่วโมงหรือดำเนินการตลอดวันกว่าจะได้เงินมาเพียงแค่ 300 บาทแม้กระนั้นพวกเราสามารถหารายได้ปริมาณนี้ได้แค่เพียงนั่งพักผ่อนสล็อตในเวลา 5 นาทีหรือ 10 นาทีเพียงแค่นั้น
• สะดวก แน่ๆว่าการเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ Pussy888 นั้นใครๆก็สามารถนั่งพักผ่อนนอนเล่นได้จากบ้านของตนเองหรือจากภายในห้องในห้องเช่า โดยที่ไม่ต้องลงทุนเดินทางไปเล่นที่แหน่งใด หรือจะต้องออกไปพบเจอกับสภาพการณ์ฝุ่นละออง PM 2.5 หรือพบเจอกับรถติด พวกเราเพียงแค่ใช้เวลา 5-10 นาทีสำหรับในการปั่นสล็อตเพื่อหารายได้ได้เงินครบและจากนั้นก็ให้หยุดเล่นไปทำอันอื่นต่อ
Pussy888

UFA888 said...



Very Helpful Articles. แทงบอลออนไลน์ It might help you. แทงบอลออนไลน์ Thanks For Sharing
แทงบอลออนไลน์ Thank you very much.

Cắt bao quy đầu tại Hà Nội said...

Thông tin thật hữu ích. Nêu anh có nhu cầu cắt bao quy đầu tại hà nội liên hệ: https://dakhoaquoctexadan.com

Bảo hiểm PVI Hà Nội said...

Lô 5,6 Tâng 3, CT2 Ngô Thì Nhậm, Hà Cầu, Hà Đông, Hà Nội

Bảo hiểm nhà chung cư
Bảo hiểm ô nhiễm môi trường
Bảo hiểm trách nhiệm sản phẩm
Bảo hiểm trách nhiệm công cộng
Bảo hiểm trách nhiệm nghề tư vấn thiết kế
Bảo hiểm trách nhiệm nghề kiến trúc sư