- I have never been a HUGE fish fan..I mean it's okay..but it was never my first choice. I knew to take my progress up a notch, I had to up my protein intake. I bought those Gordman's Fish fillets in the frozen section at the store. I love the garlic butter ones!! They are sooo yummy and super easy to prepare! I just throw them on the grill with my asparagus..and its an awesome meal! Speaking of asparagus...people always ask how i prepare it. I lay some out on foil, brush it with some extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with some sea salt and a little bit of garlic powder, and grill it!! It delish and sooo good for you!
- I have been drinking 1 gallon of water per day. It seems like a lot, but with my pink nalgene bottle that holds 32 ounces, i know its just 4 of those..it makes it not seem so bad. I have that bottle by my side always! When I'm on the couch, in the car, outside...everywhere!!
- I am still doing Sparkpeople.com religiously..well except for the weekends! Which HAS to stop!!
- It's crazy how my lifestyle is changing! Me and my husband had a date night planned for a few weeks ago. Instead of doing it at night, I switched it to a date DAY. Typically we go out in the evening for some huge dinner with drinks. Instead we went for lunch at a cute place in the mountains (We had a buffalo burgers) Then we went for a hike!
- I have increased my exercise schedule. Here is my week schedule as of now:
Mon, wed, Fri- Tae Bo in the morning, EA Sports game on the Wii in the afternoon and Abs
Tue, Thur, Sat- Tae Bo in the morning, Running outside at night. Anywhere between 30-60 min
Sunday- Rest day
I am participating in a half marathon (13.6 miles) in September. I tend to be very goal oriented, so I figured that would be something great to work for...and it will be an awesome accomplishment when I complete it!!
New things that I cannot live without:
- My new ipod touch...I could never run without it!! I LOVE IT!!
- My new EA Sports game for the Wii. If you have a wii...you have to get this!! Bob Harper (Oprahs trainer) worked with EA games to create this! It is a fabulous workout! It combines cardio with strength training! I LOVE it..it is sooo worth the 60.00!
- Red Bull!!
- My fitness watch, I got it a Target for like 45.00. Among several things..it's a pedometer and it tells you how many calories you have burned by how many steps you have taken.
- My new food scale
- DVR...Oh wait that has nothing to do with weigh loss does it?? hehe
Anyone can do this too! I'm not gonna lie...it's a pain in the butt to get going...but once you do..its addicting! The energy you create by exercising is addicting! It feels amazing!! Again...I am ALWAYS here for moral support!!